1. Preparation/ Water Quality
“Optimally the water for keeping healthy Bettas should be soft, warm, with a neutral to slightly acidic pH”. (I.e. Water movement should be kept to a minimum & power filters should not be used. Water temperature should not be lower than 23.5 c.
· Clean/Sterilise all equipment I.e. stones & tank
· Use tap water and boil to kill bacteria and dechlorinate.
· Put gravel/ stones in tank.
· Add boiling water and allow temp to decrease until it reaches 23.5c
· Position tank/aquarium in area where there is proper light & temperature.
· Allow water to settle for a couple of days.
2. Betta Spendens Aquarium Introduction
· Float sealed bag in aquarium for 15 minutes to allow shipping bag to adjust to the temperature in the aquarium.
· Remove as much water from shipping bag as possible.
· After 15 minutes, add ½ cup of aquarium water to shipping bag until bag is full. ( repeat every 5 minutes)
· Remove filled shipping bag into aquarium I.e. fish included
3. Yumna Abrahams: 3134333 & Jannah Umar: 3118457